15/05/2009

Here's a post.

I'm stressed.

The question is: 'How?'

...Am I going to graduate on time?
...Am I going to get this apartment packed up in time?
...Am I going to be able to put in sufficient time to study the beautiful Spanish language before we go?
...Am I going to get this degree wrapped up at lightning speed?
...Am I going to get the fundraisers off the ground, continue my personal preparation for the trip itself, finish all the details, fulfill obligations...
...Am I going to actually value doing my masters enough to sit down and actually do it, even when it's so beautiful outside and my husband is so fun to hang out with?
...Am I going to get things done when all I want is to have visitors and travel all summer?

How? !

So far, the approach has been to work crazy hard and drive myself nuts over it...But then a few nights ago, when I headed to bed in the wee hours of the morning, yet again, and found myself still lying awake and staring at the ceiling an hour after getting there...Wondering "How?" over and over again (and starting to convince myself that if I wasn't sleeping I was wasting time, and should head back to my desk), I thought of another idea.

Give it to God.

God is all knowing, he knows more about my project than I ever will. He personally knows my supervisors, the work that lay ahead of me, my deadlines and schedule...And he cares.

This doesn't mean I won't be stressed, but if I follow right, things will work out right. Maybe not the way I would like or how I've planned, but the way they are suppose to be. Until then, I'll hunker down, work hard, but will hopefully sleep better at night.

--
Side note: You should probably prepare yourself for mainly school-related posts over the summer. Blogging about stress is a great release for me...

3 comments:

JAT said...

Bring it on!!!! ;o)
I'm glad that you have found a way to work through things...that's half the battle it seems....

ypom said...

Give your worries to God... He's going to be up all night anyway :)
I always smile when I remember that bumper sticker... it's so comforting.

Sonya said...

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13