06/05/2009

Break the near silence

I know, I know... I've been pretty quiet on here the last week or so. Not too much excitement, and the excitement that has happened, is yet to be fully sorted out, so it's not quiet ready to be published on the web. But here are a few things anyways, as mundane as they are:

- The semester is officially over, as indicated by an updated transcript with a few more letters on it. I'm trying my best to remain humble about those letters... Am I allowed to say YYYYeeee-ssss!!! ?

- My eye ball is doing very well... The first day was about the equivalent to having a fork stuck in my eye, tongs down, but everyday has been considerably better than the last. Tomorrow it will be a week since surgery...Apparently I have another week to go before I can move up from bath to shower again. I can hardly wait.

- I've found myself a casual- very part time extra employment for the summer; I had to find *something* to take care of that pesky spare-time of mine! I'm a tour guide for McGill's MacDonald campus! Really, all this means is that prospective students book a tour and I show them around the place for an hour. This position is suuuuuper sweet for me because it's only an hour at a time, once in a while, and it's across the street (so I don't have to pay for transportation nor spend time communting), and it isn't too many hours (this is important because I have a stipulation as to the amount of hours I'm allowed to work because of my funding). I'm really excited about it, I think it will be great to get a break from my work every once in a while and get some extra cash taboot.

- We already have one visitor booked for this summer...Any other prospects we should know about?!?! ;)

- My cousin is coming down for Canada Day. She'll come a few days before, and her and I can bum around Montreal shopping and sight seeing for a few days. Then we'll head to Ottawa for the big day. Tom and I had such a fantastic time there last year, we can't wait to do it again. We may stay the night in Ottawa at my other cousin's (which is a cousin of this cousin as well.) I'm also looking forward to gripping about masters' work; she's in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba.

- For my project, right now I'm in the middle of number crunching with statistical analysis software. We are slowly becoming friends. Emphasis on the slowly. So far my dataset is super-ubber boring. I can totally see how some are led to falsify results so they have somehting to talk about. Not I though, I almost prefer it boring... It means that they may not trap me into publishing, because no one will want (never mind pay) to hear about it (meaing I may actually get done on time!)

2 comments:

Q&L said...

tell us what those letters are!! Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

I agree! Take pride in your accomplishments. Congrats!

And eye-surgery sucks. After mine, my eye was SO SORE forever, and it looked like someone punched me in the face - there was so much bruising. In hindsight I should have taken a picture, but I was kind of embarrassed/shy/self-conscious!

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Your new job sounds good too, if anyone knows a thing or two about Universities it's you!