27/02/2012

Crunchier by the day

Ever since I was pregnant I've been giving more thought to the environment, especially that of our home. It's a slippery slope, to be sure. Once you start reading up on chemicals and toxins and realize how FULL our houses and lives are of these silent seepers then the more you are convicted to do something about it. Well, at least I am.

Yes I'm tempted to remain in my ignorant bliss, but it's the thought of Jonathan's exposure that makes me uneasy and unable to shake it from my head. But then there's that slippery slope again of becoming an uptight alarmist. I'm not a fan of uptight people, so I most definitely don't want to become one. But I do want to become more aware of the choices we have as consumers and use my purchases as a 'vote' for what I believe in. As consumers we drive what's available on the market. We also drive what kind of agricultural practices and ethical standards are used around the globe to produce or manufacture the things we are purchasing and bringing in to our homes.

But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I don't need to jam everything on this topic into this one post but instead state that lately I've been giving more thought to the environment, especially that of our own home, and have been making new choices to reflect said thoughts. And as an added bonus we've been saving quite a bit of money in some areas... Which is super cool in itself... But then are also able afford the premium price of organics in other areas. All the while making better choices for our bodies, our home, and our earth.

Yup, I'm gettin' a little crunchy aren't I?

4 comments:

Red said...

OK HOPE WE CAN KEEP UP WITH YOU. lOOKS GOOD, SEEMS SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR US TO USE.

Candice said...

Thanks for letting me know! I was getting a little worried because no one was saying anything...

ypom said...

Like the new look in magazine style but especially the snapshot version :) I must admit I miss the list of your blog buddies, I like to sneak a peek at them once in a while - am I missing something on this page that would lead me to the list?

Candice said...

I really like the snapshot too! But then I'd have to ensure a photo was included with each post... And each post only have one photo :/

And yeah... The sidebar is gone. I miss it too. Tom's thinking of making some magic happen on that, but it's far down his to do list right now.

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming!