15/09/2011

disappointment

Our week home before hitting the road has been wonderful, and it was supposed to be topped off with Tom's birthday (last July) present of flight lessons at a local airport this afternoon. We were excitedly driving to the airport when we got the call: Due to weather conditions they had to cancel his lesson.

BOO!

I felt so sorry for Tom, who has been looking forward to this for a long time. Finally, when the timing would work, the weather didn't... Looks like he gets to continue looking forward to taking that lesson.

Say, did I ever tell you about the time we took a private flight with 3 murderers? NO?!?! That should be a good throw-back story for Blogtober...

On a happier (and less scary) note I made fantastic no bake cookies late last night. Yeah, I probably should have been sleeping, or packing, or most definitely sleeping, but they seemed like a great idea. I called them 'flight cookies' for the pilot. I guess we should change that to grounded cookies now, eh?





I should probably quit procrastinating and get back to packing...

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Hmmm...blogtober hey? That sounds like fun.
Great gift idea! Devin would be right on board with that one. :)

Q&L said...

what was in these no-bake cookies, oatmeal, coconut and cocoa, marshmallows maybe?? The name is the same as a recipe I have, just curious

Candice said...

Honestly, i saw a recipe for some no-bake dairy free cookies a while ago then when I went to make them, I couldn't find it again, so I threw in whatever was in our cupboard :) Wheat germ, flaxseed, peanut butter, vegan chocolate chips, craisins, coconut, brown sugar, quick oats, vanilla... Stuff like that. Tom loved them because they had a similar texture and taste to cookie dough (which he LOVES but me not so much the raw eggs :P) they had a better texture than dough, but definitely needed to be kept in the fridge to stay firm.