10/07/2011

Some days

Some days, I am superwoman.

I am able to wake with a smile as I hear my little one stirring ready to start the day (even though I'm not quite as ready). I am able to balance the boy's needs with my wants of tangible domestic productivity. I am able to clean the apartment with an eco-friendly product I just whipped up, assist the boy with his naps, catch up with a girlfriend, and have a healthy meal on the table for when my hubby gets home from work. Some days.

Some days, I think I should resign.

I groan at the thought of getting out of bed, exhausted from the long night that just came to a close. I get frustrated when Johnny so desperately needs a nap but he's fighting sleep like there's no tomorrow. The tidiness of the apartment deteriorates as the day progresses. I look at the clock and realize my husband will be home from work in an hour and not only is there nothing to eat, I haven't even showered yet. Plus I missed 3 phone calls from my girlfirend. Some days.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

This too shall pass, my friend. I remember those days and yet now I have trouble remembering them...and one day you will too. Be encouraged...showering is overrated. :)

Candice said...

Thanks Pamela! But you had 3 little ones to contend with... I only have one.

Q&L said...

Some days I resign myself to God, ask Him to please guide me with Time Management and those days are productive, beautiful and full of God. And some days I forget to, those days are not so fun. I hear ya.

ypom said...

I've been at it for a little longer than you, but if anyone tells you what the secret formula is for being consistent and for getting that feeling of competence on a daily basis - please share it with the rest of us - so that we are not making beds at 9pm or throwing dishes in the dishwasher - clean or dirty, just to get them off the counter :) etc etc etc