02/05/2011

Best Mother's Day gift EVER!

And it came early... On April 22nd, to be exact. During the last night at my mom's house Jonathan slept through the night!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I loved it (even if I was shocked when I woke, looked at the clock and realized it had been over 5 hours since we went to sleep!) I didn't want to get too excited. It could have been a fluke. Or the excitement of the shower that day... But when he repeated the feat the following night (at Tom's parents'), and continued to do so the following night (back at our place in Montreal), I started to get excited!! Its now been a 10 day stretch... Involving 4 different beds, 2 time zones, and no real set schedule during the day. He's only woken one night and that was due to gas.

I realize this may not last, but I'm basking in it right now!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

That's awesome!
As much as we always rush to the crib in a panic to make sure they're still breathing, it sure is nice to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.
Best mother's day gift ever!

Q&L said...

that's great to hear Candice, probably felt like really good timing too, just when you're getting at your wits of sleeplessness you're granted rest, its wonderful!