01/09/2010

Random Updates

  • We got to sleep in our own bed last night. It was the fourth time in 12 months.
  • Montreal is HOT. Yesterday we stepped off the plane into 30 degrees... Today's high is 32. Tomorrow's? 29...
  • Our air-conditioner can't be installed cuz our windows are old and crank out side-ways. Not window-unit friendly.
  • There's still a lot of moving in to do...
  • This morning while drinking a big ol' glass of OJ I read my lab referral sheet for today's FASTING blood tests. Oops.
  • We got Costco memberships yesterday. Yes, we are somebodies now!
  • On our second day in Colorado Springs my old supervisors from McGill contacted me. The Good News: The scientific journal we submitted a piece of my master's work to didn't get rejected! The Bad News: Now that I'm home it's time to help with the revisions requested... Boy howdy is it hard to remember what in the world I all did with those numbers over a year ago.
  • I've received a few job offers! One of which I start on the 13th of September, doing part-time contract work as a nutritionist for a non-profit prenatal health clinic that serves low-income women. I'm so thankful for this opportunity. I really didn't think I stood a chance at working as a professional in Quebec, considering I'm only a nutritionist (didn't do an internship to be a dietitian) and don't speak French. But this opportunity kind of fell into my lap, which is tres cool...
  • On October 21st we're going to have our 20 week ultrasound.... And get to see the baby's, umm, parts.
  • Tom's aunt told us that when she was pregnant with her first, someone gave her a yellow sleeper as a gift very early in her pregnancy. She propped up the yellow sleeper on the couch and the visual made it all the more 'real' (and the pregnancy symptoms more bearable!)... Inside the beautifully wrapped box she gave us was the most adorable green-with-white polka dot outfit I've ever seen. The outfit is currently sitting on my lap.
  • To continue with the baby talk... According to my iTouch ap, I'm in the first day of the second trimester. That means all this nausea and vomiting are going to disappear today, right? RIGHT?

2 comments:

Ange said...

I sure hope you feel better soon. I know it can be awful, but soooooo worth it! Congrats on the job!

Q&L said...

i sure hope your honeymoon stage is right around the corner!