01/01/2010

NY'sRs

As for New Year's Resolutions, which I have never really been a fan of, I'll be making a new list shortly. Last year I found that it really helped to blog about them. There's just something about writing them down for others to see (and hold you accountable to) that helps as a reminder to evaluate them through the year.

First, let's recap last year's, and see how I did.

  1. Exercise - Although this one started off a little slow, little did I know I would be ending the year in nearly the best shape of my life. But that only happened in the last 2 months of the year. The threat of dying in the remote Chirripo mountains was enough to get my behind to the gym (yes, we were going to the gym in Costa Rica) and go on challenging practice hikes on the weekends. But now? Oh, the band-wagon is long gone and we're sitting on the side of the road waiting for the bus. Ugh. I think this one is staying on the list for another year... I felt so good when we were training for Chirripo. Definitely more physically, emotionally, and mentally fit. So... Quasi-check?
  2. Read More Scripture - Again, I'm pretty sure this one wasn't unique to my list! As for non-bible bible books, Purpose Driven Life and Jesus Wants to Save Christians were great tools for learning. I highly recommend them both. Through the year we have been in The Word especially during the first few weeks of being in CR. We clung to it, but I need to sadly admit that, just as in Canada, time spent in the word has become suffocated by other obligations. I now realize that this has led to some suffering, by me not being prepared when taking on challenges, not being rooted where I should be. So...Quasi-check?
  3. Get Involved - Boy howdy did we ever! This one may not be on the list this year because, as I've come to learn, once you start getting involved you realize what a good thing it is to be involved. For many, many reasons. Then the feeling of obligation of involvement evolves into willing, then wanting, then it becomes the natural thing to do. So... Check!! Yay!!

And you? How did you do on last year's NY'sR???
Wanna re-cap for us?

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I'd say you did pretty good on your 2009 list! I posted my (lengthy) list and always begin the year with lofty dreams. One thing not on my list is to be more of a commenter and not just a reader of the blogs I enjoy reading. Happy New Year to you!

Candice said...

Nonono, add it in there! I think we all should. It's just so nice to know that someone is listening.

I was actually thinking that very thought while reading your newest post this morning .... :P

JAT said...

Good job! I need to go back and do the same thing, but I am pretty sure I didnt get too far with my resolutions. Especially since i dont even remember them... :o)

I love reading your blog(s)! It's always fun to hear about your adventures!