14/08/2009

A day for the history books.

*UPDATE below
---

Today, a few days early and with confidence, I marched over to the graduate department of the School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, at McGill University in Montreal, and formally submitted the documents that make up the final third of my degree.

Yes.

It is in.

And now it's time for a cocktail on a water-front patio in Ste-Anne's!!!


Then it will be time to get crackin' on the grand finale presentation.
To be reviewed Tuesday.... To be presented to the department and defended on 27th...


!!Also, everyone wish Tom *good luck* with his open-water exam for his Scuba Diver's license this weekend!!!

---

The momentous event was celebrated with nothing less than mac'n cheese with BBQed hot dogs for dinner, a walk down the boardwalk, and shared ice cream on the water front for dessert.

Yes, we live on the wild side.




12 comments:

Tiffany said...

You're amazing! I've never handed anything in early in my life!

Tiffany said...

Although, I did deliver all of my kids early.

ypom said...

You can breathe in a sigh of relief, whereas Tom should probably not... at least not while he is under water.

Tiffany said...

Um - "shared ice-cream"? I hope you mean that you shared the moment with ice-cream, not that you had to share the cone. Because your accomplishment truly deserves it's OWN cone.

Congrats again!

Candice said...

Thanks Tiffany! But I bet it wasn't as painful as child birth. I wouldn't dare compare the two, especially considering I have no idea regarding the latter.

Thanks again!

jat said...

yaaaaay!!!!!!! congrats!!!!

Tiffany said...

Um - I actually didn't write that baby comment. I wasn't even home at that time! Steven denies having written it. Apparently someone has access to my account!

Sonya said...

That must feel SO good!

Candice said...

BTW - That pic of me and my last written assignment is partially for you Pamela! I thought of bringing the cam with and getting a picture of the actual moment, but I just didn't have the guts!

Q&L said...

oooh, looks like someone is spamming...Tiffany's original comment has a orange "B" for blogger beside it, while the baby comment is greyed out..the mystery continues.

congrats again Candice! What a blessing to be nearly done.

Tiffany said...

Spam indeed, but someone who follows enough to know a little bit about me!

Pamela said...

:) What a great moment and I am thrilled that you took the time to take that picture (and extremely honoured you thought of me too)...Wasn't it just the most amazing feeling to be DONE?! You should be extremely proud of your accomplishments and years from now you can look back on that photo and think about that feeling you had as you held that final assignment. *sigh* I should be a spokesperson for kodak, lol! Congratulations and God bless you and your husband as you plan and prepare for the next steps.