13/09/2008

Random Act of Kindness

So, we were running errands this morning, and we suddenly spotted a garage sale across the street. We pull an immediate u-turn!

While rummaging through these people's trash, I find a treasure. A hot pink purse. A purse you would love to have because it may be the perfect purse for a random-only-wear-once-and-actually-have-the-guts-to-carry-a-hot-pink-purse-outfit. But, this purse would need to be super cheap so your husband doesn't remember the cash that was forked over on a purse that was only wore once because it was the perfect purse to go with a random outfit and on a day that I actually had the guts to carry a hot pink purse.

So, I muster up my my best bargaining skills and push Tom over to the garage-sale manager to ask how much. The response? $1. SOLD! I ask Tom for the dollar, he doesn't have any change. Nor do I. So I check the car - nothing. Nothing besides the two sticky pennies in the glove box. I begin to accept the reality that this treasure will not be mine.

Then, a random woman passes by and sees me desperately digging through the trunk. She asks "Did you buy that purse?" I said no, couldn't find a dollar. She immediately opens her stylish purse and hands me a loonie. "I love purses too."

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's awesome! See, there are still nice people out there!

Sonya said...

That's hilarious! And awesome. Obviously she knows how important the right purse can be!!

Q&L said...

This is when color coordinating accessorizing (so) is acceptable and affordable...nice!

Anonymous said...

:) Is there a picture to go along with that great story?

Candice said...

I wish I had my camera on me at that moment to take a pic with the lady (I'm such a blogger), but I do have a shot of my pretty pink accessory, which I am now actually using as a camera case (doesn't look like a case for an awesome camera as much as the other case does, it is less likly that I will forget a blazing pink bag, no one would ever be enticed to steal a blazing pink bag, and I could easily spot someone taking off with my blazing pink bag. Not to mention it's water proof.)

And, as I'm sure you've noticed, I added a picture of generosity.

Anonymous said...

I think that your new camera must be very happy to have such a stylish home. But it begs the question, just how big is that purse anyway? and... I didn't think that soft kid leather was waterproof! What a deal for $1!

Trevor said...

perfect, you pilfered a pink purse, that's powerful.

Phat!