25/02/2008

Law Breakers!

So, I thought to me-self, “Gee, I wonder if my license from Manitoba is still valid?” So I checked. Nope, it definitely isn’t! Apparently it hasn’t been since the beginning of the month. So the nice lady gave me an appointment for a driver’s license exchange on March 16. “Alright,” I says to me-self, “I can wait that long.” (Besides, I like it when my strapping, handsome husband drives anyways.)

So, apparently, I have been driving with an invalid license.

So, then I thought to me-self, “Gee, I wonder how long our vehicle can remain registered and insured in Manitoba, seeing as my license is no longer valid.?” Apparently, you only have 90 days to get your vehicle registered in Quebec before Manitoba’s Public Insurance will no longer cover you.

So, apparently, I have been driving with an invalid driver’s license in an uninsured vehicle for the past couple of weeks. Oops!

So, then I thought to me-self, “What is the process to get our little, old beater of a Mazda registered in Quebec?” I came to learn that it is a simple process - a really simple process that starts with a mechanical inspection. There is no, no, no, way that the Mazda will pass any kind of inspection.

So, apparently, I have been driving without a valid driver’s license, in an uninsured car, that can’t pass an inspection to be allowed on Quebec roads.

So I thought to me-self, “Where shall I walk to today?”

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's harsh! So now you guys have to buy a new car? Or just get some good walking shoes.