17/04/2012

guinea pig

I sold bodily excretions to make a little spending money during my undergrad years, so it really isn't surprising that Jonathan has already been a subject in two research trials at the ripe age of 13 months.

Yesterday we headed downtown to McGill's infant development center where we took part in a psychology study on perception. Jonathan was hard at work watching a puppet show while sitting on mommy's lap.  Unfortunately for the researchers one of the puppets was a yellow duck. The moment it appeared on stage my mind screamed BIAS! and wished them luck in whatever it was they were actually looking for. He growled loudly (a form of affection, I assure you) and pointed vigorously at the duck. HA!

He still got a new sippy cup for his participation and was presented with a certificate for a BSc in Infant Science. If watching a puppet show is all he had to do for his first degree, then I'm a real sucker for what I had to do for mine.

No comments: