18/04/2010

Blog Stalker

We went to Winnipeg Evangelical Church today. It's always nice to stop in and take in a sermon from Pastor Ron in the ol' familiar church Tom and I started in. It's the church I went to when I became a Christian, and both Tom and I were baptized there (nearly 3 years ago!).

As per usual sometimes, because we attend so infrequently, and often before or after big events, we were asked to rise; this time to accept an applause from the congregation for our work in Costa Rica. We love WEFC, we feel at home there, and quite supported.

After the service people often come over to say hi. It's really nice, but sometimes it's met with a challenge... Sometimes we can't remember people's names :I (We justify this by thinking that because Pastor Ron announces our names, they remember ours.)

But today, today was a bit different!

After the service we were saying hi to people and saw a young lady coming towards us. Tom said 'Uh oh, here comes the challenging part... I have no idea who this is."

Then the young, beautiful lady announces, "I'm your blog stalker!"


It was awesome! It was really nice to meet her (you!) in person. After she delurked on my blog a little over a year ago (over a crock-pot recipe), I started following her's. It was great because it was like we were old friends! We knew stories of each other, and where we were at in life.

Really cool, and the first time that's happened to me; meeting a virtual friend in real life.

When we parted she said "I'll be sure to follow you on your next adventure!"

How cool is that?!?!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Young lady??!! Ha...you are funny! Remember...I recently became mom to a TEENAGER...that hardly qualifies me as a young lady ;)

From the first time I heard you speak as you shared your testimony, I was inspired by you. It was so awesome to hear how God was working in your life and how willingly you were to follow him wherever He was leading. When I stumbled on your blog I was glad to read about your many adventures and to learn about how God continues to reveal His plan. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tom even if I am slow to comment on your posts.

I am glad Pastor Ron signaled you out today because we were planning to rush out to get ready for my son's birthday party and I would have missed the chance to "out" myself.

Candice said...

I'm glad the weather held out for his party!

Heather said...

Glad your safely home.